Originally published on my previous blog on Nov 21, 2013.
We have spent a great weekend in Istanbul this November 🙂 Istanbul (and Turkey at large) has always been a very special destination for us since our honeymoon in 2006. But…,
What was special about this trip? (or simply, where to go in Istanbul?)
- We’ve lived more of the city experience as we did book everything by ourselves; no travel agents, no tour guides! cool 🙂 We get lost in Istanbul and reached untrodden places — Thanks to Google Maps 🙂
- For Princes’ Islands, we decided to go to Heybeliada -instead of Büyükada– as woods and natural life there is amazing! Cycling around the island was fun as well 🙂
- Turkish Kanafeh was not delicious as Nabulsi one 😉 but it’s good to try!
- Fishing over the bridge was a wow experience for first timer like us 🙂 (check the gallery)
- Fish Sandwich was more than delicious, extra pepper and salad would make it yummy! (check the gallery hereunder)
- Donor (Shawerma) and Turkish Kabap (or kabab) are highly recommended (check the restaurants we’ve tried on the Foursquare list)
- Our favorite hot drinks were Sahlep and Gingerbread Latté(Starbuck winter’ special)
Where to go in Istanbul?
You can find our list on Foursquare as reference to try the same places and have fun 🙂